Monday, February 10, 2014

Moonless Release and A Trip

Sorry for the absence.  The hubby and I were in Florida visiting family last week.  I had my tablet but no time to write or visit blogs.  I did, however, have time to meet this handsome devil:
 
 
 
I wanted to cuddle with his sooooooo bad but I feared he might kill me with his very sharp talons!
 
It's good to be home, and writing again.  It's also nice to sleep in my own bed and clean my own house, wait, maybe not that last thing.
 
Also, today is Crystal Collier's Moonless Paperback release.  YAY Crystal!!!!! 

To celebrate, Crystal asked her fellow bloggers who they would beg their parents to set them up with if they had to have an arranged marriage.
 
Let's start by saying, excellent question.  Let's assume, for the sake of interesting answers, that I have not met my husband in this world.  If I had to pick anyone real or imaginary besides the hubby, then I would choose Mr. Darcy, just kidding, I think Darcy's kind of a tool bag.  I would actually choose The Fool from Christopher Moore's The Fool.  Everyone needs a good laugh and he seems like a good sport, not to mention he speaks Perfect F@#$ing French.  Also in contention was Captain Ahab, but mostly because that relationship would come with great freedom as he would be out stalking a whale most of the time.



Book Details:

In the English society of 1768 where women are bred to marry, unattractive Alexia, just sixteen, believes she will end up alone. But on the county doorstep of a neighbor’s estate, she meets a man straight out of her nightmares, one whose blue eyes threaten to consume her whole world—especially later when she discovers him standing over her murdered host in the middle of the night. Among the many things to change for her that evening are: her physical appearance—from ghastly to breathtaking, an epidemic of night terrors predicting the future, and the blue-eyed man’s unexpected infusion into her life. Not only do his appearances precede tragedies, but they’re echoed by the arrival of ravenous, black-robed wraiths on moonless nights. Unable to decide whether he is one of these monsters or protecting her from them, she uncovers what her father has been concealing: truths about her own identity, about the blue-eyed man, and about love. After an attack close to home, Alexia realizes she cannot keep one foot in her old life and one in this new world. To protect her family she must either be sold into a loveless marriage, or escape with the man of her dreams and risk becoming one of the Soulless.


Link to Amazon

Meet Crystal

28 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good time in Florida! That is one colorful lizard.
    Congratulations to Crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is a handsome devil... and I ain't talking about me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Darcy is a tool... I've never heard anyone else brave enough to say that, but I totally agree! (Hey, I should have waved "hi" while you were visiting my state.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm glad others aren't in the Darcy club.

      Delete
  4. I'm rolling over Ahab! Nothing like a whale obsessed hubs to give a gal space to write!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the Darcy bit as well. And men who speak fluent French is a turn on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book sounds intriguing - I'll check it out! As for begging my parents to arrange a marriage for me - hmm. I'm a bit in love with Jude Law's legs. Maybe I'd have liked to marry them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Captain Ahab answer cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wounded. I chose Mr. Darcy!

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you're in hot water with that Darcy comment, lol. How nice you got to visit family in Florida though . . . we live in Cape Coral, FL :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know there will be some backlash. The Darcy obsession is strong!

      Delete
  10. Hi, Libby,

    Dropping in from the fest... Part of my co-hosting.LOL. Nice to meet you and I really like the originality of you answers... Very cool!

    New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! I'll head your way shortly!

      Delete
  11. Hehehe. I could do without Darcy myself. And it's nice to meet another Christopher Moore fan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lets just go with Ahab...besides he 's gone most of the time and then you can spend his LOOT while he's out to sea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, I could deal with crazy obsessed if he was always gone fishing.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Crystal.
    And LOVE that lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting choice!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahab would be an awesome choice! LOL Plus, you know he'd be good to bring home dinner when he DID show. You do like seafood, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one cool lizard! And I'm so happy for Crystal :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darcy is a toolbag, but at least he's up front about it. haha :P I picked a version of Darcy, but there are so many droolworthy dudes out there I could have opted for.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd go for Colonel Brandon in the Austen world. :)

    My husband used to have an iguana. My one cat loved teasing him... she also enjoyed teasing my stepson's turtle and my fish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...