Monday, January 13, 2014

Meet Terence Kuch!

Sorry my internet lovelies, I did not mean to go a whole weak without posting.  Unfortunately, my husband fell ill over New Year's weekend and I quickly followed suit.  Nothing rings in the New Year like a stomach bug!  On the positive side, free toxin flush!

Now, on to Terence.  Terence and I met when I joined the Arlington Writers Meetup Group.  If you live in the DC area, I would highly recommend checking out this group. When I joined, Terence had already been a member for years.  A prolific writer, he's had roughly 1 billion stories published.  That's not really accurate, but I believe the total is over 100.

Terence's fiction tends towards the dark and twisty, so you can see why we get along!  Don't take my word for it, check out his microficiton page Memorable Fancies, the site where he publishes 50-500 word short stories daily.  You can also find his published novels here.





Image of Terence Kuch
Terence's Bio:

Terence Kuch’s fiction and other writing has been published in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, India, and Thailand, including Commonweal, Diagram, Dissent, Hobble Creek Review, New Scientist, New York magazine, North American Review, Penguin Review, Poetry Motel, Slant, Slow Trains, Stray Branch, Thema, Timber Creek Review, Washington Post Book World, Washington Post Magazine, and others. His work has been praised by the New York Times and Kirkus Reviews. He lives in Pimmit Hills, Virginia, with a wife and several opinionated cats.


HELLO TERENCE!

In Libby news, my short story "The Victory Rule" was featured on a new short story blog started by fellow writer, Emily E.  You can check out the story for free at Internet Troubadours.

13 comments:

  1. Short story writers seem to enjoy the most success.
    Congratulations on your story being posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several opinionated cats. I have a pair of those myself. Best of luck to you, Terence—with the cats as well as the writing.

    And congrats to you, Libby, on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any other kind of cat but opinionated? Even if the opinion is: "When I awaken, I shall require sustenance, immediately."

    Love being in writers' groups with accomplished peeps like Terence. Feel better, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the bug :( but very cool your story is being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No! No sickness!

    Hello Terrance! It's always nice to meet a fellow DC-adjacent person, even though I don't live there anymore. Good writing groups are hard to find, folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you, Terence! My little local critique group is fantastic. One of the authors has over 400 short stories published. He's a pro! Hope you feel better soon, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, hope you and your husband are feeling a whole lot better.
    I'm impressed by Terence's quantity of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about the stomach problems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Terence! And glad you guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear that you and your husband started off 2014 with the stomach bug! I hope the rest of the year will be healthier for both of you.

    Thanks for the introduction to Terence!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your husband's better by the time I write this comment. I hate it when anyone's sick in my family. I'd rather it be me instead. I enjoyed meeting Terence, so thanks for that. Glad you two met.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm... this guy looks familiar....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...