I'm gearing up to release some new material. I have the collection of short stories which will be out in June. Then there's the novel, which will be out in August. Right now, I'm polishing up short stories, completely rewriting the final one, and making the new cover. I decided to type my name into Amazon to look for another short story of mine that was printed by a different publisher. What did I find? A giant thief, that's what.
Twist Turn and Burn is an ebook of flash fiction I released a year ago. I gave it away for free to whoever wanted it and it went viral. Yay! But I never put it on Amazon because I would have had to charge, at least initially. But there it was, on Amazon. Some jerk posted it and is charging $2.99 for it. While they kept the cover image, my name and the title, they were thoughtful enough to remove the copyright message I put in the original, stating that it was free. Same cover, name and title? Why was my thief so lazy?
I've contacted Amazon and have to fill out some forms to get it removed or at least put to free. Until then, I posted a review that warned potential buyers. I'm at least trying to let people know they don't need to pay for it and that I don't get the money either way. Not that I'm a household name or anything but just in case some poor soul stumbles upon it.
In nicer news, I've been given an award! The wonderful Katie O'Sullivan has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award. I met Katie during the A-Z challenge and followed her blog right away. It's a cool blog and she has adorable dogs. ADORABLE.
So, here goes!
TEN RANDOM LIBBY FACTS:
1. I am currently in love with grape soda. More specifically, with Fanta Grape Zero which I cannot find in stores but is at both a burger joint and the Moe's by my house. I had two big cups of it on Mother's Day and now there is no going back.
2. I think licorice is evil, black licorice at least. They were my least favorite jelly beans as a kid. I thought they were put in the bag as punishment.
3. I don't do drugs. It's not for any moral or medical reason. I don't do drugs because I'm neurotic and I fear they would make me more so. Also, I pretty much look like the definition of a NARC, so no one offers them to me.
4. I once took a free magnet from my middle school. I was so convinced taking it made me a thief that I put it back.
5. I fell out of a car one time from drinking. And then threw up. And then fell face-down in my own vomit. True story.
6. There was a brief time in my life when I considered becoming a professional wrestler.
7. I was 23 the first time I flew in an airplane.
8. I was 32 the first time I went camping.
9. I think banana flavored anything besides bananas is disgusting. Banana bread may be the only exception, and I'm not even sure about that.
10. "I once killed a man, just to watch his wife cry." I've never been able to use that sentence in a story, but I have always wanted to.
And now to award some other bloggers! To make this as fair as possible, because I love you all, if you leave a comment today, you get the award! Whoot whoot! (Yes, this is a desperate cry for love. DO NOT JUDGE ME).