Monday, April 16, 2012

A-Z Nemesis

For the A-Z Challenge, I'll be posting about my debut novel, Tough Girl.  A very brief synopsis:
Daily life is pretty dreary for eleven year old Reggie.  She's already mastered the art of dumpster diving for scraps of food and being her own parent.  Her mother, dangerously close to a full break with sanity, is of little help.  Reggie has invented a dream world where she and her best friend, Tough Girl, battle aliens for glory.  Life is manageable until new neighbors move in and Reggie's dream world begins to unravel.

N

NEMESIS

Reggie has no shortage of troubles.  Her dreamworld is being taken over by a species evolved from Octopuses.  She's plagued in real life by a sadistic stalker.   But, just for fun, she's also bullied by a girl that wants to beat her up to become more popular.  This girl is Tara The Boulder.

The Boulder got her nickname by being larger than most middle schoolers.   She wears extra large sweatshirts no matter the weather to hide her large frame.  She is just as unpopular as Reggie but hopes to gain new friends by beating up the much smaller girl.  Her obsession with Reggie bashing will lead to her downfall.

9 comments:

  1. Hate bullies! Hope the boulder gets rolled. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Boulder! What a nickname! I hope Reggie rolls her down a hill. Or she gets eaten by an octopus. Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh Bullies,

    although with a nick name like The Boulder, it sounds a bit like she's getting bullied too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of an environmental nemesis kind of writer. But The Boulder scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read this book. I'll have to check it out. New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You came up with some really fascinating characters, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I've known this Boulder girl. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nemesis deserves an evil laugh soundtrack. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this girl well. Have met her many times. Down with the Boulders!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...