Tuesday, December 6, 2011

And I'm Back

So, admittedly, my posting in December is going to be spotty.  I agreed to work extra hours and the social calendar is also getting a little full.  Holidays.  What are you going to do?

What did I do on my hiatus?  I'm glad you asked.  I read a lot.  I watched a TON of movies.  I worked on the novel and some short stories.  Things are going better for the novel; she has hope after all.

I also figured out my writing schedule.  I will write before work.  I tried night writing for 3 months before I figured out that I'm tired at night.  S-l-o-w l-e-a-r-n-e-r.  That's me.  The morning writing is ten times better.  I give all the credit to coffee.   

Also, I received a bit of good news.  Mixer Publishing nominated my story Grow Your Own Dad for a Pushcart Prize!  It was such a thrill to be nominated.  Exciting!

How was your November my lovelies?

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging and congrats on the nomination! You know, they say your brain works better at night, so I've always tried to write before bed... but then I get so tired. What's up with that, brain? Needless to say, I now write in the mornings too. Seems to work better.

    Also, to answer your question, the E-book is most definitely coming out (as soon as I design the cover, which I'm working on now), and it's not horror. It's humor. Because we imagine that even though there would be a lot of chaos and explosions and fist fights over the last donut at Krispy Kreme, people suddenly having no Internet would be a very, very funny thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, congrats on the nomination, Libster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on the nomination! I bought your story last week but it's been sitting on top of my Kindle TBR pile. Guess I have something I need to read today :) That's wonderful news—keep kickin ass and taking names so we can live vicariously through your success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the nomination. That makes a nice stocking stuffer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mornings! Different times for different tasks! I film myself and act in the morning but I right best in the afternoon! And the night is for drawing! I think its all to do with where your minds cycle during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a Pushcart Prize! I have two of the Pushcart anthologies of short stories; the stories are all really good. Congratulations!
    I don't write at well at night either. Like you, I feel tired, and then I end up going to bed and resolving to write in the morning. So I just write in the morning, and drinking coffee helps me stay awake. I can't drink coffee at night, which is why it's less fun to write that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, that's so fabulous!!!! Yay! I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea! You're back. I'm not always quick on the learning curve either. Glad you're making progress & figured out your schedule. Coffee & mornings work best for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the nom! You totally deserve it - you're so creative and inventive with your stories. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made NaNo...and that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, congrats on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...