Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Hump Day! Vimeo, Take Me Away!

Below are some videos that will transport you from your desk to another world.  Relax, and enjoy.

First up is Melvin the Machine. I'm 99.99% positive I first saw this at a museum. I can't prove it though. Here's the blurb included about Melvin and the video:

"Melvin takes pictures and makes video's of his audience which he instantly uploads to his website, facebook and twitter account. Besides that he makes his own merchandise. All of this within 4 minutes of craziness which you just have to witness yourself."


Melvin The Magical Mixed Media Machine from HEYHEYHEY on Vimeo.


If you want to visit Melvin's website:
melvinthemachine.com


Next up is The Node by Murat Pak.  I was brought in by the music, a Philip Glass song I listened to often when I did an internship in Florida.

Blurb included with video:

"The Node" is a project of time-image represented as pixels, which is connected to its reinterpretations done by various frequency artists."


The Node from Murat Pak on Vimeo.

The last is just absolutely gorgeous.  It's entitled "Tribute to Rene" by Box of Toys Audio.

Blurb included:

"We joined forces with our friend flipEvil (flipevil.com) to create this composition in tribute to the Belgian surrealist artist, Rene Magritte."


Tribute to Rene from Box Of Toys Audio on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for those, very cool.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Magritte. The machine was awesome. Which some of the filming of it was better. But that's OK. It was still awesome. Thanks for sharing, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My computer won't play the videos today. I'm worried about the old laptop. :(

    Happy Humpday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...